- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical
equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and repairs on
motors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, various conveyor systems, various pump
systems and production machinery; following diagrams, sketches, operations
manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications;
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
o Welding & burning.
o Metal fabricating.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations set forth by company policies and OSHA regulations.
- Should have excellent written and verbal
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- Sound understanding of using all electrical testing and repair equipment.
· Milling and Machining experience a plus
· Minor electrical troubleshooting a plus
- High School diploma or GED equivalent qualification; or
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree in electrical or
mechanical engineering, or any other discipline
- Union Hourly
Rates (pending experience)
- $28.06 – $29.06 per hour
Second Shift (Afternoon) includes 0.30 cent per hour Shift Differential
Apply to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: HR Manager
NATIONAL GYPSUM COMPANY, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the second largest producer of gypsum wallboard in the United States. The company is vertically integrated, owning its gypsum and paper supplies. Over the last eight years, National Gypsum has invested over $1 billion in new plants, equipment, and systems. In addition to wallboard, the company produces interior finishing products, including joint compound, and cement backerboard (brand name of PermaBase®) used as underlayment for tile walls and floors. The company is recognized as the industry leader in customer service, providing a centralized customer service organization, technical service, e-business capabilities, and a strong carrier network.