National Gypsum Company is a fully integrated manufacturer and supplier of building and construction products worldwide including Gold Bond® BRAND gypsum wallboard, ProForm® BRAND joint treatment products and PermaBase® BRAND cement board.
We have immediate openings for Hourly Electricians at our Richmond, CA wallboard manufacturing plant.
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Electrician will Plan and perform preventive, predictive and emergency electrical maintenance activities to maximize machine efficiency.
- Participate in general repair and maintenance activities, preventive maintenance work and be able to problem solve.
- Should be able to determine correct actions necessary to minimize downtime, increase productivity and maintain continuity of operations.
- Responsible for all process-related software and hardware.
- Provide support for Process Control System management (SPC) and assist manufacturing employees to optimize machine performance.
- Ensure proper management of electrical and electronic parts inventory.
- Assist with Capital Projects implementation and maintain an orderly maintenance shop and equipment storage area.
- Must have a technical degree in electrical or 3-5 years of electrical experience in a continuous manufacturing process.
- Must place a high priority on Safety.
- The Electrician must have troubleshooting skills, a willingness and ability to handle multiple tasks and responsiblities, sometimes involving high stress situations.
- Should have preventive maintenance orientation.
- Strong knowledge of AB and PLC 5 series ; low and high voltage, 480V and 3 phases.
- Must have experience in electronics and motor AC Drive and all types of sensors.
- Relevant automation skills with proven programming ability.
- Good mechanical knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Comprehensive benefits to include:
- Paid holidays
- Medical and dental benefits after 30 days of employment.
- 401(k) and match
- Retirement Account
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
- And more…
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Employment Ready Applicants Only.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.