Manufacturing Finance Manager
- Drives operational excellence through measuring, reporting and managing safety, quality, delivery, cost, cash and other specific operational metrics with weekly or monthly cadence.
- Drives productivity and Lean Enterprise funnel activities to drive performance and improvements across sites.
- Manages the annual development of manufacturing standard cost.
- Ensures solid inventory control practices are in place. Owns cycle count/physical inventory processes, supervise/review excess and obsolete reserves and prepares inventory forecasts.
- Participates in Sales Inventory and Operations Planning discussions to ensure customer expectations are met while inventory positions are being optimized to achieve maximum cash flow benefits.
- Performs financial analysis for operational capital investments and monitors project performance ROI.
- Lead the annual budget/forecasts for Thermal Plants (USA/Canada/Mexico/Belgium).
- Performs insightful variance analysis and partners with the ISC team to drive continuous improvement.
- Review of month-end closing entries and plant performance reports.
- Partner with other finance functions – Controllership, Audit and FP&A as needed.
- Participates on special project teams and perform ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/CMA/MBA a plus.
- Ideally 7-10 years of experience in Financial Planning, Operations Finance or Corporate Finance preferably in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing and/or influencing teams in a matrixed environment.
- Process improvement mindset.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Knowledge of ERP and Business Intelligence Systems. SAP/Hyperion ESSBASE experience desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with flexing responsibilities.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Displays innovative and proactive approach to work duties.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with others.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines.