Product Development Engineer
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
For over 60 years, Garner Products, Inc. has been the global leader in the design and manufacturer of hard drive and solid-state destruction equipment. Because of our efforts to stay ahead of evolving data storage technologies, Garner is sought after by enterprise customers to design and manufacturer custom data destruction products. Our equipment line includes products tested and listed by the NSA to destroy our nation’s Top-Secret data. If you are interested in joining a team that is designing, prototype building and testing the next era of data destruction technology, we want to hear from you.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-742-1551. Garner’s website www.GarnerProducts.com.
- Work with the Engineering team, as well as vendors and customers to research and develop subsystems and products for industrial and commercial applications
- Conduct research and analyze data and specifications to evaluate the feasibility, design, operation, performance, cost, and requirements of new product designs
- Prepare, review and revise documents related to product designs, revisions, and production procedures
- Assure product quality by developing inspection and test protocols
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with ETL and CE certifications
- Design equipment and processes to meet customer safety requirements and expectations - mitigate product hazards and liability issues
- Identify and follow workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Provide information and support to the Manufacturing team
- Provide information and support to the Sales and Service teams
- Other duties as assigned by the Engineering manager
- Experience in design automation is a plus
- Proficient experience with CAD. SolidWorks with PDM experience is a plus
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and cost/benefits analysis to maximize the effective manufacture of products
- Broad electrical/mechanical/magnetic knowledge
- Manufacturing Resources Planning Applications - item definition and bill of materials entry
- Experience with machinery design
- Design products and components with a strong emphasis on serviceability and user experience
- Ability to read and interpret data sheets to match best available parts to new product requirements
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated
- Ability to manage one's own time
- Ability to use "critical thinking" in solving problems
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Effectively use computer hardware and software to plan work and manage projects
- Experience in the following software:
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Integrated development environment for machine firmware and logic controller programming
- CAD applications, circuit simulators, schematic capture, circuit board layout, illustrations for customer documentation
This job operates in an engineering lab, a manufacturing floor, and a professional office environment.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk or stand. The employee is occasionally required to bend, twist or reach as well as lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision preferred and the ability to adjust focus between multiple tasks.
- Competitive pay
- Complete Benefits Package including health, dental, vision, 401K with generous match, profit sharing, vacation, holiday, and sick pay
40 hours per week, 8 A.M.-5 P.M., Monday-Friday, in-office.
Education and Experience
Advanced Engineering degree with 7+ years of experience or, equivalent.
Email your resume to email@example.com or call 916-742-1551.
Garner’s website www.GarnerProducts.com.