CATEGORY PURCHASING MANAGER, Visalia, CA, #108863CMTA
**THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST, THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. PLEASE VISIT www.denham.net FOR MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES.**
If your skills include managing and ensuring cost, availability, innovation, and quality according to target setting and requirements per given area this position is for you. The Category Sourcing Manager must have strong procurement and analytical experience combined with the vision to create short-, mid-, and long-term sourcing solutions. The opportunity at this company, if you have the skills and drive, could well lead to finding a home where you could develop your career to the highest level.
SALARY: $100k - $120k Plus/Yr., DOE
If you can excel at the following, this is a position you should consider:
- E2E accountability, defining the category and supplier strategy with stakeholders and cross-functional team to meet procurement deliverables
- Supplying competent, strong, and strategic in supplier relationships and Performance Management
- Ensuring sourcing from qualified suppliers, monitor supplier performance and drive corrective actions and improvement plans, as required
- Understanding supplier market dynamics/intelligence and use it as input to the organization’s strategy
- Driving supplier selection according to strategy, supplier base development, and identification of new suppliers
- Ensuring alignment, anticipates changes, and drives activities based on supply market changes
- Leading contract and price negotiations with suppliers
- Initiating and following up with price negotiations to get best prices for programs from the very beginning of volume production
- Managing all contractual agreements including non-disclosure agreement’s and required appendices are in place for all components used in program or within respective area
- Driving the supplier development activities (e.g., supplier audits/assessments) to establish suppliers’ delivery capability and quality in collaboration with Supply Quality Managers (SQM)
- Being the main interface between sourcing and functions of specific R&D/product group to implement aligned category strategies in early design, and program phases, and vice versa
- Providing category input to feasibility study and program planning phase
- Participating in all program/feasibility study relevant discussions with suppliers related to specific products
- Leading drives for the multiple source qualifications and put them in place. Ensuring that budgetary quotes/RFQs from suppliers will be submitted to BU and Feasibility Studies
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a strategic sourcing role within a related industry/category.
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
- Understanding of supplier cost structure; ability to perform analysis and interpret data into actionable steps.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Must have experience in cost analysis and management.
- Decision making/strategic thinking/negotiation skills.
- Expert in advanced Excel, PowerPoint of PowerBI required.
Send your resume in MS Word format to Steve Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (559) 222.5284 ext 104 if you have any questions. Please refer to the job order number in your response. Compensation commensurate with qualifications.
Visit www.denham.net to see other job listings. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence.