SHIPPING CLERK, Fresno, CA, #108927CMTA
If you have maintained and enhanced the relationship with sales/operations and carriers by coordinating with Purchaser/Planner the order management and processing each day from inventory pick to shipping order to customer this position will work well for you. This shipping professional receives packaged goods and arranges shipment or pickup for daily orders with local, LTL, and courier providers using web-based scheduling, as well as verbal communication for quotes or special arrangements. In addition, you will handle occasional export shipments to be coordinated with the Purchaser/Planner to meet shipping requirements with freight brokers and customs.
SALARY: $18.00 to $24.00 Plus/HR, DOE
What you will do:
- Release completed/packaged orders in Oracle and generate packing lists.
- Match shipping documents to order and quality check packaging is appropriate
- Review orders to ship and book carriers (truck), courier (UPS, FedEx) following order instructions
- Obtain truck quotes for shipments and book pickup with carrier
- Schedule UPS and FedEx using their websites; properly entering or validating website shipping addresses for accuracy and any special situations – rural delivery or other delivery instructions
- Palletize and group outgoing orders for pick up
- Stage “Will Call” orders for pickup
- Focus on planning each day to expedite workflow through shipping.
- Prioritize workload and “up pace” as needed.
- Control “Will Call” transfer to customer.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years strong shipping experience in a related industry (Water Control Equipment)
- Good computer skills – MS Office, Office 365 – including OneNote and other Windows/Office tools, SharePoint, OneDrive, Apex, an ERP system, such as Oracle or MAS400, and various shipper websites.
- Analytic or mechanical aptitude/understanding helpful
- Shows strong initiative to self-motivate
- Service focused personality – willing to help others to help the business overall.
- Ability to inform others with good verbal and written communication
- Ability to neutrally resolve conflicts with any contact point
- Excellent listening, and multi-tasking skills.
- Familiar with web or app based timekeeping systems.
- Experience with paperless environment will be very helpful.
- General math skills needed for accurate shipping dimensions and weight.
- Excellent and accurate Data Entry skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to self-review, as well as check others’ work
- Ability to work independently and most important, as part of a team
- Ability to promote process improvement
- Problem solving aptitudes, providing input in proper forum.
Send your resume in MS Word format to Steve Wilson at email@example.com or call (559) 222.5284 ext 104 if you have any questions. Please refer to the job order number in your response. Compensation commensurate with qualifications.
Visit www.denham.net to see other job listings. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence.