Plastic Pipe Extruder Assistant
Summary / Objective
Assisting with set up, operate, or tend machines to extrude thermoplastic materials into corrugated pipe according to customer/client specification using tools and equipment designated for the task.
- Assist with downstream machine and equipment set up changes as scheduled. including replacing dies.
- Prepare finished pipe for yard storage, including: trimming pipe ends, applying gaskets and gasket wrap.
- Assist operator with performing quality control reporting and recordkeeping procedures.
- Assist with die replacement and sizing ring changes as needed.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Reclaim pipe and accessories.
- Operates forklift.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager or Manager on Duty.
Competencies / Requirements
- Safety – Complies with all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards and practices identified and correcting conditions as needed.
- Listening – Pays attention, hears and understands the speaker, retaining the information for future use.
- Analytical – using a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Dependability - Punctual and fulfills work and time requirements by adhering to work schedule and complies with attendance and leave policies and plans accordingly for absences
This position normally works nights; 12 hour shifts (7:00 PM to 7:00 AM) 4 days a week.
This position works primarily in a partially enclosed warehouse with temperatures affected by outside temperatures. Exposure to outside weather when moving material or finished product. Exposure will include all weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
Proper PPE must always be worn.
- 1+ years operation of small tools
- 1+ years operation of forklift operating experience
This position is defined as Heavy. Work involves exerting up to 65 pounds of force frequently using any combination of body, hands, fingers, arms, legs, or feet to complete work. Lifting, walking, standing, and sitting to a significant degree.
About The Organization
Pacific Corrugated Pipe produces Corrugated Metal Pipe (CMP) and Corrugated High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Pipe, along with complementary fittings and drainage accessories at five production and distribution facilities located throughout the Western United States. Our administrative headquarters office is based in Newport Beach, California.
W.E. Hall Company, Inc. (Pacific Corrugated Pipe) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.