Struct & Misc Steel Sales/Estimator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare estimates on new projects and estimate prices on change orders on existing contracts.
- Read and interpret job bid instructions and detailed specifications for preparation of estimates.
- Prepare take off of materials, estimate all necessary labor, materials, buyout items and equipment costs to prepare a thorough estimate.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Computerized estimating experience a plus.
- Prepare estimates for Self-Perform work including Structural Steel, Metal Decking, Stairs, Miscellaneous Metals and Precast, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate production rates, construction approach and schedule with Field Operations leads;
- Develop relationships with key vendors;
- Coordinate estimates for proposals as related to the cost of pre-construction.
- Additional Duties & Responsibilities The above list provides a general description of the duties performed in this job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list and additional responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Previous relationships with businesses in the government, commercial, industrial, non-residential fields a plus.
Miscellaneous Steel * Structural Steel * Stainless Steel * Aluminum
Job Type: Full-time