CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST #108643CMTA
This position will lead projects in all aspects of the business, focusing on continuous improvement of operational processes, waste reduction and problem-solving methods. You must be fully competent in Lean/Six Sigma principles, tools, concepts, and methodologies. You must demonstrate a high degree of analytical skills and understanding and knowledge of business processes. This position will provide excellent exposure to the management of manufacturing systems and offers an outstanding hands on opportunity to apply business concepts.
SALARY: $100k - $115k Plus/Yr., DOE
- Have a strong ability to lead, coach, facilitate, and communicate with individuals across a broad range of education, experience, and functional spectrums
- Learn, teach, practice, develop & improve the company CI methodology
- Apply your strong analytical skills; capable of breaking down complex issues and identifying key drivers
- Collect and analyze data related to manufacturing processes
- Quickly understand manufacturing processes and supporting business systems
- Develop and drive CI initiatives, build project plans using basic project management tools to advanced Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
- Report improvement projects status and plans at regular intervals
- Use process mapping and value and waste stream analysis when appropriate
- Promote simple problem solving with 5 Why’s and other analytical tools
- Deliver stable/steady improvement with standard work, 5S workplace organization, and simple/visual controls
- Able to work on the off-shifts
- Mastery of safety policies, USDA, GMP’s, QA, HACCP and company policies
- Perform other duties in support of department or company needs as requested
A partial list of key qualifiers includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Black Belt Certification are REQUIRED, and one to three years+ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Kaizen events and event facilitation a plus. Must have proven leadership skills and be able to lead a team.
- Proven track record of driving continuous improvement initiatives. Familiar with a manufacturing environment.
- Able to lead, direct and manage all phases of project management, Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling and Closing
- Basic knowledge of SOP’s, SSOP’s and SWS job training materials
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to travel when necessary. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Send your resume in MS Word format to Steve Wilson at Steve@denham.net or call (559) 222.5284 if you have any questions. Please refer to the job order number 108643 in your response. Compensation commensurate with qualifications.
Visit www.denham.net to see other job listings. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence.