WHO WE ARE
We change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. Our technology is a new chemistry that increases the energy density of Li-Ion batteries, which enables more features and design options for consumer devices and longer range, higher performance, and greater affordability for electric vehicles. Our product works today, drops into existing battery manufacturing processes, and is manufacturable economically at scale.
We believe how we work together is as important as the great things we accomplish. Foundational to this belief is building an inclusive and distinctive culture – one that is collectively shaped and owned by all Silazens. Learn more about our values here.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Quality Engineer you will help create the next generation of battery materials by focusing on Sila’s operational ability to meet customer requirements. You will lead in the cross-functional building, execution, and on-going compliance of Sila’s quality systems. Also, you will drive continuous improvement of Sila’s quality systems through the application of operational excellence, Lean, and Six Sigma principles.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Serve as process owner/administrator and contributor for key quality systems such as nonconformance, process/product monitoring, and management of change. Monitor, report on, and improve quality system performance.
- Project manage a cross-functional team in the development and implementation of quality processes and procedures (eg, process/product monitoring, quality root cause analysis, etc.) supporting applicable ISO/IATF standards for all of Sila. Perform audits to ensure compliance with all related policies and procedures.
- Provide statistical guidance to cross-functional stakeholders in setting quality specifications, data analysis, and design of experiments.
- Drive improvements in company knowledge and tools (eg, control plans, control charts, capability analysis, risk assessment, measurement system analysis, etc.) to test and meet customer needs and internal standards.
- Champion process-based thinking and quality mindset throughout the company.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or higher in statistics/mathematics, engineering, or scientific discipline
- Minimum of 2-5 years of work experience in an ISO certified industrial setting (automotive, semiconductor, PV, chemical industry, batteries, pharmaceuticals, or similar); experience in an IATF 16949 certified industrial setting would be nice
- Experience working within and/or auditing Quality Management Systems. Excellent familiarity with ISO and/or IATF standards. Experience interacting with customers, suppliers, and external auditing authorities.
- Strong understanding of statistical and lean six sigma concepts and tools. Experience using statistical software packages (eg, JMP) to retrieve and analyze large/complex data sets.
- Highly effective working with cross-functional teams to identify and drive continuous improvement projects.
- Highly effective working with manufacturing and technical support teams to investigate potential quality-impacting events in production and develop/implement CAPAs.
- Can effectively manage multiple responsibilities, is self-motivated and can work autonomously with minimal guidance. Comfortable with ambiguity and eager to create structure. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and safety toe safety shoes
- Able to stand for extended periods of time