Currently seeking an Electronics Assembler/Solderer II to perform a wide variety of electronic, mechanical, or electro-mechanical assembly operations. Specific responsibilities include:
• Incorporate electronic, mechanical, and commercial off the shelf components into sub and final assemblies including installation of finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets per workmanship standards.
• Read, interpret and follow blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
• Hand solder, solder touch-up and rework a wide variety of thru-hole and SMT electronic assemblies.
• Build cables and harnesses for internal systems, electrical interconnects and overall systems.
• Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards.
• Clean and maintain tools, work stations and equipment per documented procedures.
• Work collaboratively with other departments in order to meet production deadlines per customer contracts and internal quality standards.
• Follow all Company safety and production procedures.
Education, Experience and Skills
• High school degree or equivalent required. Minimum of 3 to 5 years of electro-mechanical assembly experience in the electronics industry required. Aerospace industry manufacturing techniques (IPC-A-610 standards to include soldering and crimping) preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of FOD and ESD practices required.
• Demonstrated ability to read and understand wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, and assembly instructions.
• Adept and skilled at using hand tools and basic electronics equipment: torque wrenches, wire strippers, soldering irons, crimpers, etc.
• Superior hand-eye coordination and hand dexterity required in order to operate hand and power tools to complete work assignments.
• Excellent vision acuity and ability to distinguish colors.
• Knowledge of ISO 9001 or AS9100 quality standards preferred.
• Knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Office and ERP systems (JobScope preferred).
• US Citizenship is required; government security clearance is desired, but not required.
Position Type: Full-time; 40 hours per week
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Alpha Research & Technology, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package to include employer paid medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long-term disability, paid time off and 401(k) plan.
Alpha Research & Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.