Job Title: Fleet-Parts Storekeeper (Purchasing and Storekeeping)
Minimum Salary: $22.03 Hourly
Maximum Salary: $27.44 Hourly
Application Open Date: 08/29/2019
Application Close Date: 09/19/2019
Insurance: Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
Retirement: Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS). Vacation: Two weeks of paid vacation to start. Three weeks after five years of year-round paid service. Paid Holidays: 12 days.
NOTE: Positions in this job classification may be offered on a 10 or 11 month basis - salary and paid time off for 10 or 11 month positions will be adjusted accordingly. Positions in this job classification may be subject to additional furlough days.
Typical duties performed may include:
· Issues fleet parts, equipment, and repair materials for use in a District fleet shop or garage.
· Completes a variety of forms including transfers, credits, and parts requisitions related to ordering and issuance of stock and nonstock parts and materials, and maintains related records.
· Maintains an inventory of commonly used parts.
· Maintains computerized records of equipment and supplies received, issued, and in stock.
· Enters quantity, number, and description of parts and materials on repair orders.
· Checks prices charged for parts against invoices for correctness.
daily inventories of bulk fuel and oil and checks deliveries for correctness.
For an exhaustive list of the typical duties, please see the class description at: www.lausdjobs.org
Education: Graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency.
Experience: Two years of experience in ordering or issuing fleet parts and supplies, preferably including use of a computerized inventory control system.
Special: A valid California Driver License.
Special Physical Requirements: Safely lift and carry fleet parts and equipment weighing at least 50 pounds
The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive experience when it comes to ordering and issuing fleet parts and supplies for a large-scale automotive operation; this involves knowledge of automotive equipment parts and supplies, cataloguing, and storekeeping practices. Additionally, the/she will possess experience using a computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to track inventory at all times. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate strong attention to detail when reviewing order requisitions to ensure the correct automotive parts and supplies are ordered for District vehicles.
Further, he/she possesses strong self-management in prioritizing his/her work activities to satisfy their clients, which includes ensuring that the fleet maintenance facilities have everything necessary to ensure operations success, as well as making sure that invoices are paid on-time to suppliers/vendors in order to fulfill contractual obligations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate safety while working in a garage facility by adhering to all appropriate safety standards. The ideal candidate will also be customer service-oriented when working with LAUSD staff, as well with vendors/suppliers regarding contractual obligations. Finally, he/she will demonstrate effective oral communication when talking with various customers and LAUSD staff.
How to Apply:
(1) Visit https://www.lausdjobs.org
(2) Look for “Jobs Open to the Public” on the right side of the screen to find the link for the position of “Fleet-Parts Storekeeper (Purchasing and Storekeeping) ”
(3) Read the Job Bulletin
(4) Complete and submit the application