If you are an experienced industrial supply and equipment buyer with an ability to show leadership to a team of buyers and work with management to help determine the strategic direction of the company's procurement this position is for you. This will be a challenging position with this long-time Fresno business in a stable and positive environment that affords you excellent benefits and a pleasant workplace.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Buyer is to take full responsibility of all aspects of purchasing to optimize inventory and contribute to the profitability and volume maintenance of sales. Next the Senior Buyer is responsible to work with their team to achieve Company service levels at an acceptable inventory level for the vendors. This responsibility includes but is not limited to:
- Purchase assigned vendor lines. Monitor and expedite delivery if necessary.
- Negotiate the best possible pricing, freight and delivery.
- Maintain an alternate vendor list for defined "key" items
- Coordinate with Sales to ensure requests for quote are completed within 24 hours.
- Build and develop relationships with key vendors.
- Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Ensure vendor contact information and terms are up to date in P21 for your vendors.
- Any other responsibilities as defined and assigned by the Company Management.
-Five or more years of purchasing experience and demonstrated knowledge, skills, and ability to perform tasks required
- Result oriented
- Excellent knowledge similar product lines and capabilities to the company
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Applies sound organization skills
- Ability to work with and motivate teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the apparent ability to work with company's office staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent customer services skills
- P21 System knowledge a plus
Send your resume in MS Word format to Steve Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (559) 222.5284 if you have any questions. All candidates with the above listed qualifications will be considered and contacted. Compensation commensurate with qualifications. Please reference job number 108138 in your reply.
Visit www.denham.net to see other job listings. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence.