Join the Nellson team, and Become Part of Our Winning Team of Professionals!
At Nellson, we invest in highly talented people, and provide them with opportunities to continuously learn and grow to realize their full potential.
Our state-of-the-art facilities, warehouses, and corporate offices offer a knowledgeable and professional environment to employees. By joining our performance-oriented team, you will be able to put your expertise to use and positively impact many groups across our production process
We currently have an exciting opportunity on the Nellson team! We are seeking an energetic and results oriented Engineer to support continuous improvement through involovement with diverse projects.
The Engineer responsibilities will involve project involvement in both mechanical and process design tasks throughout the manufacturing process. This position will plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate assigned engineering work, monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES
- Work closely with all departments to assist with equipment troubleshooting
- Work with plants to identify opportunities for process, maintenance and cost saving improvements
- Estimate, present & seek approval, plan, coordinate and program small to mid-size projects as appropriate
- Support Director of Engineering - Controls on startups as needed
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level, as assigned
- 5 years experience in Engineering roles, preferably in a high throughput, consumer goods, food or bottling industry
- Experience in dealing with facility Management or a facility-related Engineering & Technical discipline
- Knowledge of Project Management software
- Self-starter, high level of initiative
- Experience as a user of Project Accounting software
- Expertise in risk assessment methodology, incident investigation, and root cause analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with continuous improvement methodologies
- Must be able to work in a complex environment taking a balanced view across all interested parties and across business lines
- Broad technical knowledge of manufacturing plant operational maintenance
- Practical experience in troubleshooting with development of engineering solutions
- Knowledgeable of cGMP's principles
- Excellent in Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence effectively at all levels within the organization
- Leadership skills that enable the introduction of new ways of working