Pelagic Pressure Systems has been in business since 1980 and joined the Aqua Lung family in 2015. We are a designer and manufacturer of analog and digital dive instrumentation for many of the leading international brands in the dive industry today such as Oceanic, Hollis, and Aqua Lung. Pelagic Pressure Systems has a highly knowledgeable employee base with a state of the art technological capability and several innovative patents.
We expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work to together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
Due to the growth of our company and continued focus on operational excellence, we have identified the need for a Manufacturing Manager. This position is a hands-on working manufacturing manager with a mechanical and electronics background. This manager is responsible for a variety of tasks, which include ownership of the manufacturing process and execution of production shipments on time with zero defects. This position works as part of the cross functional materials, planning, engineering and quality teams to determine the most effective way to execute. This position is responsible for the overall process of digital and analog instrument manufacturing. Pelagic manufactures watch and gauge style diving instruments in an electronics manufacturing environment as well as our own custom transducers. The incumbent is an experienced and efficient leader with excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Direct oversight of manufacturing operations including digital & transducer assembly, oxygen gauge, final assembly, packaging, and shipping teams.
· Transform manufacturing departments into high performing, efficient, quality-focused organization and achieve consistent on time shipments by deploying operational excellence and ongoing continuous improvement.
· Lead Implementation of Lean, 5S, and Six Sigma methodologies.
· Manage current ISO9000 quality system for manufacturing activities ensuring quality standards are achieved.
· Manage and develop processes for the introduction of new products to the production line.
· Lead relocation project of San Leandro facility.
· Manage relationships and communicate positively between departments: materials planning, purchasing, manufacturing, quality, and engineering.
· Manage service, PM, and calibration schedules for equipment to ensure high reliability.
· Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
· Perform annual employee performance reviews and provide continuous feedback.
· Recruit, train, and develop high performing employees.
· Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
An ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
· Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Able to demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
· Apply extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish strategic goals.
· Demonstrate positive leadership while directing the work of others.
· Lead and coach team to drive high performance culture.
· Able to handle complex situations in a calm and collective manner.
· Able to exercise independent judgment and decision making in support of a fast-paced environment with compressed deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively influence people inside and outside the company.
· Proven track record of bringing change and efficiency within the organization.
· BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
· Has held minimum 5 years in a Manufacturing Management function, relevant role may be considered.
· Minimum 3 years in electronics manufacturing
· Experience in 5S and Lean Manufacturing methodology.
· Experience in ISO9000
· General understanding and knowledge of company products and services.
· Intermediate User of MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.