Are you an energetic leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong bias for action? Do you have an infectious enthusiasm that motivates your team to achieve the organization’s potential? We’re looking for an experienced Optics Lab Director who is familiar with Six Sigma and Lean methodologies. In this role, you’ll oversee operations, customer relations, production, business/systems, and administration of the VSPOne Optical Lab in Vista, CA, where you’ll have the ability to set strategic direction and influence change.
Ideal candidates will have experience to perform the following:
· Develop strategic and business solutions to anticipate and resolve complex issues related to all aspects of lab including production, operations, business development, customer relations, staffing and budget; monitor expenses to ensure unit costs are within established levels
· Establish and monitor production goals, policies, procedures, and systems related to all aspects of day-to-day lab operations
· Monitor performance of direct reports; provide prompt and objective coaching in accomplishing goals and in job performance; conduct performance and salary reviews
· Monitor lab’s turnover, productivity, and overall performance to ensure performance standards are met
· Prepare and review financial performance reports with VSPOne Network Executives; Partner to assist in establishing the strategic direction for the Lab
· Develop and maintain partnerships with other VSP business teams; coordinate with other units to facilitate special requests
· Establish and manage overall staffing plan to ensure most qualified applicants are selected
· Ensure effective communications are maintained within the lab and externally
· Establish positive and professional relationships with vendors and other outside business contacts
We’re looking for a candidate with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. The candidate should have at least 15 years of leadership experience and 15 years of progressively responsible experience in all phases of high-volume optical laboratory leadership. Strong candidates must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an instinctive drive for impact, and a willingness to try new ideas without the fear of failure. The ideal candidate will have broad-range experience in laboratory production (surfacing, finishing) and laboratory operations (inventory control, purchasing, customer service, and general financial).
Why VSP Global?
· We help over 80 million people see–we also give back to our communities through cost-free eye care and eyewear as well as other outreach efforts.
· VSP Global has grown year-after-year for more than 60 years because we invest in our employees and empower them to make a difference.
· With operations across the globe, the sky is the limit for career development. VSP has been recognized by Training Magazine on the Top 125 list for 16 consecutive years.
· Our comprehensive benefit package is highly competitive and top-notch
For more information about VSP Global career opportunities, visit https://vspglobal.com/careers.
To learn more about the Optics Lab Director role or to apply to this opportunity, visit
Questions? Contact the recruiter for this role: Whitney Bright