Maintenance Electrician – San Leandro, CA
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our San Leandro, CA Packaging facility is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as a Maintenance Electrician.
Relocation assistance may be offered to qualified individuals. If you are looking for a great opportunity, apply today!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Helping meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, belts, and couplings
- Reading and interpreting mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with 480-volt motors
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment OR industrial military experience
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Willing and able to work any shift to include: holidays, weekends, and overtime
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Experience in mechanical fabrication and repair
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience programming and troubleshooting PLCS (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- Experience with a manual lathe and milling machine
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
The San Francisco Bay Packaging in San Leandro is a corrugated packaging facility that manufactures standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products. We specialize in produce, poultry and bulk containers. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf