Maintenance Mechanic – San Leandro, CA
Are you a goal-orientated and safety driven individual with mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial environment? If so, we may have the job for you. Our packaging facility in San Leandro, CA, is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic.
Relocation assistance may be offered to qualified individuals. If you are looking for an excellent opportunity with a growing organization, apply today!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Helping meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading and interpreting mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
- Using micrometers, calipers, tachometers, and dial indicators for precision measuring
- Calibrating process instruments
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least two (2) years of industrial maintenance experience or industrial military experience
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience working with hydraulic & pneumatic systems
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Experience in mechanical fabrication and repair
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience working with 480-volt motors
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience programming PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers)
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
San Francisco Bay Packaging in San Leandro is a corrugated packaging facility that manufactures standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products. We specialize in produce, poultry, and bulk containers. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf