Manufacturing / Process Engineer
Manufacturing / Process Engineer
Transfer Flow, Inc.
The Process Engineer collaborates closely with: Production Manager, Production Supervisors, Engineering Manager, Design Engineers, Risk and Safety Officer, Quality Control Manager, Human Resources Manager, Purchasing Agent, Maintenance Staff
This position is full time, hourly and non-exempt. Normal hours are 6:00am to 2:30pm, Monday through Friday, although overtime may be necessary at times.
• Provide improvement and sustaining engineering support for existing production lines.
• Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
• Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
• Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
• Develop, maintain, and improve manufacturing and inspection processes and procedures.
• Support and/or perform equipment, process validations and testing to internal procedures.
• Provide process development engineering support for new product development.
• Initiate equipment modifications to improve productivity and product quality.
• Work with outside vendors to coordinate the development of manufacturing equipment.
• Work closely with maintenance department to improve machine reliability, reduce downtime, and define equipment maintenance requirements.
• Collaboration with purchasing department.
• Assist with resolving issues with suppliers.
• Assist with repairing equipment and tooling.
• Assist with performing process failure mode effects analyses.
• Work with Operations and outside vendors to create methods/process to improve production capacities.
• Document Cost Savings
• Work with management to establish project timeliness, project justification, and budget forecasts.
• Act as resource for operational departments for materials, equipment and process upgrades.
• Must demonstrate responsibility for the quality and financial aspects of the company.
• Pursue and participate in company LEAN initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
The Process Engineer plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes for aftermarket and OEM fuel solutions and vehicle accessories, and supports operations to assure a quality product is produced in a timely manner. Works with multiple departments such as Lean Leadership, Operations, Quality Assurance, Design Engineering, Procurement, and Regulatory Affairs to improve existing product designs and processes to increase throughput, decrease operational costs, and improve quality.
Required knowledge/Skills needed for this position
English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Stress Management – The ability to effectively manage stress and prioritize tasks is very important at TFI.
Critical Thinking — The objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.
Active Listening — Listening and responding to another person that improves mutual understanding.
Active Learning — Activities, such as reading, writing, discussion, or problem solving that promote analysis, the combining of ideas, and evaluation of learned content.
TFI requires all members of our staff to fulfill all job functions in a consistent state of alertness and work in a safe manner.
Applicants must be able to successfully pass the following:
Pre-employment drug/alcohol screening
Pre-employment Criminal history background check
Pre-employment fitness for duty physical
• Bachelor’s degree required in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Engineering Technology.
• 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing work environment.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with Solid Works.
• Proficient in MS Office
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing
• Experience working in manufacturing for medical devices
• Exposure to Mig welding, fabrication, CNC, molding, and grinding equipment
• CNC programming and troubleshooting
• PLC programming and troubleshooting
• Experienced in the design and development of fixtures, jigs, automation workstations for manufacturing
• Summary: Develop, plan, and implement optimal cost-effective manufacturing processes methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods, and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
Successful candidate will:
• Utilize lean tools to develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods.
• Perform product/process analysis to improve cost-reduction, quality and efficiency improvement.
• Determine workflow optimization using lean tools.
• Design, develop fixtures, machinery and equipment for manufacturing.
• Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs for projects.
• Represent manufacturing on cross-functional teams to launch new or revised products.
• Strong work ethic
• Must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
• Self-motivated, responsible and ambitious individual that is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• The ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
• Hands-on person who knows what needs to be done and has a strong sense of ownership
• Proactive in nature and operate with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
Employment at Transfer Flow Inc.
Employment with Transfer Flow Inc. is and shall be at-will. Accordingly, either TFI or employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, and with or without advance notice.
Qualified applicants are asked to reply with a cover letter and .pdf copy of the resume to this posting. Please understand Transfer Flow is unable to accommodate unscheduled visits to our facility.