- Achieving sales and profit goals by developing and retaining existing customer and by opening new business
- Regularly make sales calls to prospective customers and current customer establishments
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to sell products and services, offer add-on and up-sell products that may benefit the customer, and suggest alternative products when a customer requested product is not available
- Effectively prospecting, maintaining an opportunity pipeline, and forecasting revenue
- Preparing quotes and proposals, following up, negotiating terms and closing deals
- Cultivate and maintain solid, long-term relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Identifying and helping to develop strategies to grow business
- Assist and resolve customer requests and/or problems in a prompt and professional manner
- Organizing and conducting training sessions for customers as well as introduce and demonstrate new products
- Report competitive conditions, observed customer financial weakness and customer feedback to management
- Work closely with suppliers to secure mutual business through joint sales calls
- Attend sales, product, and other branch/company meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Professional maturity, integrity, discipline and a positive attitude
- Minimum 5 years’ outside sales experience; industrial/MRO experience required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet aggressive deadlines, and execute on agreed upon sales metrics
- Automated Procurement Systems experience preferred
- Demonstrated skill with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to include presenting and negotiating skills
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel often in the assigned territory
Employment opportunity includes:
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life, STD & LTD insurance options, FSA, 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Car allowance, cell phone and laptop
Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are subject to reference checks, criminal background and a post-offer drug screen.