Industrial Production Supervisor
Industrial Production Supervisor
Seeking established production supervisor to assist an existing Plant Manager in managing a machine shop. Core competencies and expectations are listed below:
- Decide how best to use a plant’s workers and equipment to meet production goals in conjunction with the Plant Manager
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; enforcing systems, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the Plant Manager
- Maintains staff by orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities in conjunction with the Plant Manager
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Mitigate overhead through increased productivity
- Replacement of non-productive older equipment with work specific machines to enhance productivity
- Minimize existing outsourcing
- Establish on time, zero defect production disciplines
- Minimize set-up time
- Minimize handling of production parts
- Adopt a multiple machine, minimal operator approach
- Lay the groundwork for a second shift
- Bilingual English and Spanish
The Company is an established manufacturer with 5 decades of experience in the industry. You must be willing to integrate your work habits into the culture of the Company and its people, fostering an environment of team building and togetherness. You must come prepared to adapt and change as the situation requires it, recognizing that the success of a department depends on harmonious working relationships between its supervisor, its management and its crew. Health insurance, time off and benefits are commensurate with standard programs and will be detailed during the interview process.
Wages are competitive based on experience and will range between $4,200 to $5,000 a month. Please apply via email with a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and the reason why you are a good fit for the position. All positions at Matthews Studio Equipment, Inc. require a pre-employment background check and pre-employment physical / back screen / drug screen.