Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Pricing Manager to join the Building Control Systems Team in Carlsbad, CA. The individual will manage the pricing function, including project, quotation, blankets, stock price agreements and the published Price lists. They will also establish measurements and analyze complete pricing function, recommending improvements to the current process, developing a map for the future and managing the implementation of all process improvements.
Legrand is a $5.8 billion global company with 30,000 employees world-wide and products sold in 180 countries. As the leading provider of products and systems for electrical installations and information networks wherever people live and work, Legrand delivers an unequaled depth and breadth of innovative solutions for use in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
Employing more than 2,700 employees across the United States and Canada, Legrand in North America has a work environment that promotes personal advancement, pride and achievement. Our success is also based on our recognition that diversity – in people, products, innovation and technology – is an important strength. When you join our team, we provide you with the tools, knowledge and skills necessary to become the very best at your job, and to continue to advance your career.
Visit us at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Marketing.
- 2 years of experience in price management, including new product pricing, lifecycle price management and managing cost to serve.
- 5 years’ experience in marketing, finance or related field
- Must be a self-starter
- Must have demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills. Must demonstrate good judgment, well developed business ethics, integrity and consultancy skills.
- Requires excellent organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish a diversified work load.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills required. Must have the ability to communicate persuasively and effectively and manage multiple priorities in an intense, deadline driven environment.
- Solid leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise, manage and influence others. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MAIN JOB DUTIES
- Develops and manages the implementation of a pricing strategy that balances strategic value of opportunities within established guidelines with sound business judgment. Understand mix of customer business between project vs. stock/flow and changes over time.
- Working with the Sales and Product Marketing manage all existing and new stock and blanket price agreements. Work with Sales and Marketing to establish and maintain price strategy, policies, procedures and guidelines related to stock, blanket and job business.
- Working with Sales and Product Marketing manage the Services pricing process. Develop add - on options to quote services beyond product (support, commissioning, start-up, maintenance/service, etc.)
- Working with Sales and Product Marketing manage the project pricing process. Work with Sales and Marketing to establish and develop project pricing strategy. Develop win/loss quote stats, preferably down to the rep level; but information on win rates by job size/product/price and vs. requested levels are also helpful if available
- For quotations, create competitive cross reference info to support quoting. Establish quote guidelines by product and approval matrices. Audit compliance for quote approvals
- Manages day to day pricing decisions on all pricing related activities through the different sales channels. Administer updates to pricing in conjunction with relevant departments/functions.
- Continually monitor and analyze pricing practices and develop recommendations for improvements to the process, which creates a map of the future which enables the pursuit of profitable sales growth (volume, and mix price attainment) and controls price degradation.
- Work with IT resources and/or third party vendors to develop and improve electronic pricing systems and tools to support policy implementation and business needs.
- Facilitate publishing and distribution of price sheets and price data to third parties.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required